"I am Dismas" by Eric Wong

I am Dismas
A ditch dark and angry form
Sun parched and dirty
A penny less Malefactor
Malcontent
Wandering unpaved paths
Without a given direction
Seemingly with a purpose
Finding myself unwillingly at the great Intersect.
Here, is where one ends up!
I am given provision and choice.
Hardship and death or sanctuary in the union.

The final rehabilitation:

I must claim the hopeful climb to Citizen hood.
My righteous right by God and Country.
I am born to the new world
United I stand
Proud and true!

God
I will plead my allegiance

to the flag of the Empire
of
United
States
in America
For whatever it stands
As a Nation
as God
indivisibly
with liberty and justice
for all that apply
In this Country

No longer will I be the black sheep!
My pledge is true and now I will change color!
Pure as the Black Stone of Mecca!

Comments

Popular Posts