'Exit Through the Gift Shop' Banksy & Mr. Brainwash

I'm pretty sure there's a lot more to life than being a really, really, ridiculously good artist. And I plan on finding out what that is.

Snap! For serious!
It's that damn Banksy! He's so hot right now!
Banksy is so hot right now he could take a crap, wrap it in tinfoil, put a couple fish hooks on it and sell it to Queen Elizabeth as earrings.
As a caterpillar becomes a butterfly, so must Thierry become Mr. Brainwash!

Mock Behind The scenes one late night with Banksy & Mr. Brainwash:

Photo by Dave Tacon
















Banksy to Thierry: They'll be looking for us at the Oscar's right? But they won't be looking for... not us.

Thierry to Banksy: I wasn't like every other kid, you know, who dreams about being an astronaut, I was always more interested in what bark was made out of on a tree. Keith Haring's a real hero of mine. Shepard. Shepard would be another person who's a hero. The art he's created over the years, I don't really understand it, but the fact that he's making it, I respect that. I care desperately about what I do. Do I know what art I'm selling? No. Do I know what I'm doing today? No. But I'm here, and I'm gonna give it my best shot.
 
Banksy to Thierry: Do you understand that the world does not revolve around you and your do whatever it takes, ruin as many people's lives, so long as you can make a name for yourself as a popular street artist, no matter how many friends you lose or people you leave dead and bloodied along the way, just so long so you can make a name for yourself as a popular street artist, no matter how many friends you lose or people you leave dead and bloodied and dying along the way?

Comments

Popular Posts